Effective March 2014
The Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ACADV) values the privacy of its customers (collectively or individually, “Users”) who use the iHope application (the “Software”), the www.ihopeapp.com website (the ”Website”), its online services, and content owned or maintained by ACADV.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENTS:
- Unlimited data and messaging plans are recommended for the Software. For some services, the Software requires the use of email and/or SMS text messages. Depending on your plan, standard data and messaging charges and taxes from your carrier may apply.
- The Software collects and uses your personal data and the geographic location of your mobile device (we call this location fix of your device “location information” or “geo-location”) for usage by the Software.
- By using the Software, you consent to: (1) the use of your device’s location for usage by the Software, including the use or display of that location information to your Software connections (friends, family, other alert recipients) and within your geo-tagged messages and content; (2) receive text messages and emails; and (3) pay carrier data, messaging, and other fees resulting from your own use of the Software.
- Please note that any personal information you voluntarily disclose or “post” online can become publicly available and can be read, collected, tracked and used by others and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. The Software is not responsible for the information that you choose to disclose publicly on or through the Software.
- THE INFORMATION”: The Software’s servers do not store information related to the user’s profile, the user’s mobile device, or the user’s usage of the Software.
- “PROFILE INFORMATION”: When using the Software, you may provide certain personal information (which comprises your editable “Settings”) and content such as your name, your mobile phone number, your email address, and your message. If you provide any such information, the Software stores the information locally within the app itself on your smartphone but will not share it with third parties or use it for any purpose other than for usage by the Software.
- “LOCATION INFORMATION”: Location information is derived from your wireless carrier, third-party service providers, and/or directly from your mobile device for usage by the Software. This location tracking of your mobile device may occur even when the Software mobile application is not actively open and running in the foreground. This location information is displayed and shared with others only as necessary for usage by the Software and for no other purpose.
- “CHECK-IN INFORMATION”: When you open the Software, your location data is not being stored on our servers and no information is used with other data as part of analyzing, improving and supplying the Software.
- “DIRECT COMMUNICATIONS INFORMATION”: When you send email or other communications when using the Software, it is not being stored on our servers and no information in those communications is used for any other purpose.
THE USE OF INFORMATION:
- ACADV uses your profile information (“Settings”) to operate, maintain, and provide to you and other users all of the features and functionality of the Software, and for no other purposes.
- ACADV will not use your profile information (“Settings”), location, and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous log file information) to track and analyze.
- ACADV will not use your email address or mobile number to send you messages from the Software such as privacy or security related notices, notifying you of major Software application updates, or for other customer service purposes.
- ACADV will not use your profile information (“Settings”) or location information to send commercial SMS text messages to you.
- ACADV will not disclose your profile information (“Settings”) or location information to others (e.g. law enforcement).
- Because information is not being stored on our servers, ACADV cannot release personally identifiable, profile, or location information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- ACADV reserves the right to disclose what limited information is available that ACADV believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: enforce the iHope End User License Agreement (the EULA is available for viewing at www.ihopeapp.com); take precautions against liability; protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; assist government enforcement agencies; protect the security or integrity of the Software or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ACADV, users, or others.
- ACADV cannot disclose your personally identifiable information or location information to other companies for their commercial use.
You may update, correct, enable or disable your privacy and alert settings, friends and various profile information at any time. To protect your privacy and security, the Software takes reasonable steps to verify your identity via a passcode before granting profile access or editing rights. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique passcode and account information at all times.
COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY:
The Software uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that we receive on your behalf to operate the Software or that you transmit to the Software; therefore, you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If ACADV learns of a security systems breach, then we may post electronic notifications. ACADV may post an electronic notice on the ACADV Website, on the iHope Website or on the Software via its dynamic content so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE:
EFFECTIVE DATE, DATE LAST MODIFIED:
“This project was supported by Award G-1301ARFVPS awarded by the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families; Family Violence Prevention Services to the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, Office of Intergovernmental Services.”